Delegating can be a curse and a blessing, much of which is dependent upon you.
Yes, we said that it was dependent on you. Many forget that the success and failure of delegating is frequently in the hands of the delegator (a.k.a. you).
There are very few born delegators in life; however, there are many delegators who have learned and mastered the art of delegating. Almost anyone can learn to delegate. It is all in your mindset and your control (or lack thereof).
In order to do so, you must understand the following aspects of delegating:
- Why are you delegating?
- How effectively are you communicating?
- Are you properly managing your expectations?
- Where are you in your business?
- What should your support structure look like?
- Do you know where breakdowns can occur?